Contact Person: Xavier Plantà | email@example.com EBIT: Extrusion-blow molding and injection technology that allows the manufacturing of hollow parts with complex geometry and integrated bindings.
Description of technology offer
New or innovative aspects
As a concrete example of the technology, EBIT machine developed at ASCAMM´s Laboratory is a 100 tons clamping force extrusion blow molding machine that can produce parts up to 10kg gross weight and has a satellite unit injection to inject up 10 grams (equivalent to an injector 100Tn).
- Reduces dramatically the investment in tooling. The standard process requires one mould for blowmolding, one tool for injection molding and one tool for the welding process. With EBIT only one tool is necessary for all the operations.
- Reduces manufacturing costs as the time required for the 3 separate processes is considerably reduced by integrating them in one single step.
- Reduces quality problems linked to faulty welding.
- Reduces logistic costs and part reference management.
- EBIT is suitable for all kinds of plastic combinations: hard over soft, soft over hard and soft over soft, with different attachments: nipples, brackets or different arrangements in the same tool,
I attach a little video in this internet platform. http://procemm.ascamm.com/ user:ascamm password: ascamm
Trademarks registered by Fundació Ascamm. Technology already licensed to the automotive sector.